Are Men More High Maintenance Than Women?
OK, here’s the question: who spends more time in front of the mirror – men or women? Well, according to one study 1 in 5 women think their man is higher maintenance than they are.
Andy Oldham, Managing Director at the UK’s biggest cashback site Quidco, which commissioned the study, told the website Female First:
“Traditionally, it’s women who are thought to be high-maintenance in a relationship, but it seems men have not only followed in their footsteps, but actually taken over. The rise of the metrosexual has led to men taking more pride in their appearance and enjoying the finer things in life more than they ever have before.”
Now, before women thank the style-gods that their man will finally stop looking like a campus dorm room reject, all is not as good as it may sound.
According to Oldham, “This has started to creep into our relationships and it’s no longer the women who want constant attention, or expect expensive and luxurious dates and holidays.”
So now ladies, ask yourself, is it a good thing or a bad thing that your man spends too much time in front of the mirror or want YOU to buy them an expensive watch for his birthday.
According to the study, here are the five reasons why women think men are more high maintenance:
- Men are more likely to throw a tantrum if they don’t get what they want.
- Guys spend more time in the bathroom getting ready to go out than women do.
- Men are more likely to refuse to leave the house without their hair looking perfect, and without the right clothes.
- Men constantly need to be told, “I love you.”
- Guys get upset when women don’t answer when they call.
So what do you think? Is the study right or wrong?