Back-to-School Shopping Mistakes
Credit.com is another free credit monitoring website. It publishes articles on subjects ranging from identity theft to stock market tips, saving money to choosing low-rate credit cards and much, much more.
Here are a few great back-to-school shopping tips from them:
- Make sure you set a budget before you start your shopping, otherwise you run the risk of going way overboard. Know what is needed and what you can afford to spend.
- Leave the kids at home, you don’t need the guilt of your kids begging for things they’d love to have but don’t need.
- Try to use cash instead of credit, but if you have to use credit-shop smart. Remember that budget?
- Stay away from store credit cards no matter how tempting it may be, too many credit inquiries on your credit report is just one reason to say, “no”!
- Don’t shop when you’re tired, rushed or hungry. Think about the last time you shopped for groceries when you were starving, dead-dog tired and in a hurry. Disaster! Right? The same rules apply to back-to-school shopping.
So do yourself and your pocketbook a favor; follow these tips and maybe this year will be a bit less stressful on you and your finances.