For Men Going Bald Can Be Brutal
They say bald is beautiful, try telling that to man who is losing his hair. Especially if it starts to happen at a young age.
Losing your hair can affect you in many different ways. I know, because I'm a follicly challenged fellow myself. I started losing my hair during my senior year of high school and I gotta tell you, it was no fun walking around with a receding hairline at age 17. I had the Hair Club for Men on speed dial back in those days.
There's no denying the fact, that going bald can be brutal for some guys.
According to a new report, 13% of the men surveyed said it immediately affected their relationship. Another 4% said they even went temporarily INSANE upon losing their hair.
What kind of measures are men willing to take to get their manly mane back:
- 25% of bald men would give up a pay raise.
- Another 17% would give up sex for a year! I'm sure with the hope that having a full head of hair again, would lead to more sex down the road.
- 36% would give up their favorite football team. Hey, that might not be such a bad thing. For instance, if you're a Dolphins fan like me, not only would you be getting your hair back, there's a very good chance you could be adding years to your life as well. Think of the benefits that move would make on lowering your blood pressure 4 months out of the year.
- A surprising 23% of guys surveyed said they'd be happy to "give up their mother-in-law" to get their hair back. Now there's a real sacrifice! Just kidding Jan if you're reading this!
- Finally, and probably the most drastic step, 10% of bald men interviewed said they would even be willing to give up a year of their life to get their hair back.
Now that's a guy who really hates being bald!