FREE & FUN Golf Classic To Help Sioux Falls Kids.
This is going to be a whole lotta fun and it’s all for a great cause! The 2014 YMCA Golf Classic will be held Sunday, June 8 and Monday, June 9 at Minnehaha Country Club. Don’t miss LPGA pro Kris Tschetter, recording artist Steve Azar, and Dan Boever at this years YMCA Golf Classic!
The Kids Golf Clinic is FREE! Each child will need a pass. To get a pass contact Katie at the Sioux Falls YMCA, 336-3190 ext 17 or email email@example.com. You can also request a pass from the front desk at the Sioux Falls Family YMCA.
The YMCA Golf Classic raises money for the Sioux Falls Family YMCA Middle School After School Program. In ten years, they have raised over $1.3 million for this essential program.
• The After School Program is held every day from 3:45pm-6pm that school is in full session. It’s contribution based. No child is turned away for the inability to pay the suggested fee.
• The staff is more than just employees; they serve as role models who mentor the students
• Unique to the After School Program, nine YMCA buses give the students a ride home at the end of each day.
The After School Program is held at five Sioux Falls public middle schools: Axtell Park, Edison, Memorial, Patrick Henry, Whittier. Students participate in:
• Computer lab and homework help
• Daily snack
• Games! Air hockey, foosball, ping-pong, shot-clock basketball, Wii video game, board and table games
• Recreational activities in gymnasiums
• Arts and crafts
• Baking and cooking classes
• Dance teams
• Tournaments in soccer, kickball, handball, foosball
• Activities by outside agencies, such as Boy & Girl Scouts, 4-H, Multi-Cultural Center, First Tee Program, South Side Skate Park, Fellowship of Christian Athletes
• Field trips to places such as Washington Pavilion, Carousel Skate, Thunder Road, Sport Bowl, Great Plains Zoo, and Great Bear Recreation Area.
The 11th annual YMCA Golf Classic is scheduled for June 8-9, 2014, at Minnehaha Country Club.
Sunday evening, June 8
LOTS OF FUN! BRING YOUR SPOUSE!
Starting at 5pm: Cocktails, dinner, auction and entertainment
Monday, June 9
LOTS OF GOLF!
For the kids Monday morning Free Youth Golf Clinic
Pro Am Golf Tournament registration starts at 10am
Lunch at 11:00am
Shotgun start at 12:noon
For More Info: http://www.ymcagolfclassic.org/