How Far Would You Go to Beat the Effects of Aging?
It’s that never ending race. You know the one, the race you run every single day against Father Time.
Just what would you be willing to give up just to reverse the effects of aging?
That question was posed to a group of women in a survey recently conducted by Elizabeth Arden, more than three out of four would be willing to make some big sacrifices to look younger and beat old man time at his game.
Here are a few of the extreme measures the average woman would be willing to take according to the survey:
- 33% would be willing not to go near Facebook and other social media sites for a year.
- 24% would be willing to go under the knife and get cosmetic surgery.
- 22% would be willing to let their roots grow out for a drink from the fountain of youth.
- 21% would be willing to give up sex for year. (I wonder how their significant other would feel about that choice.)
- Women seem to be really fond of their Smartphone’s, only 19% said they would be willing to say adios to their phone for a year in order to lose a few wrinkles.
- And 17% would be willing to give up their weekends and work SEVEN days a week in the pursuit of a more youthful look.
Another telling sign of just how much the average woman worries about looking older, the survey found 45% of women are more worried about how they’re aging as they grow older than they are about saving for retirement as they get older.
And despite the average woman’s fear of looking older, the survey found a surprising 63% of women still do not use anti-aging products on a daily basis.