New Year’s Resolutions Worth Making
Our friend Paul heard us talking about this on the air and requested that I post this. I think this is a terrific list of ideas for more realistic resolutions, not to mention some great advice (from me) thrown in!
- Throw out non-essential numbers…like your age, weight, and height. There are much more important numbers. (Call your mom for crying out loud, she’s worried about you!!!!)
- Keep only cheerful friends…The grouches pull you down and if you really need someone to bring you down there are family members that fill that position. (Call your mother, she wants to know why you’re still single!)
- Cherish your health…if it is good, preserve it, if it is not improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, seek help. (Your mom knows a nice single doctor you can call.)
- Enjoy the simple things, they really are important. (Like your mom’s chocolate chip cookies.)
- Surround yourself with what you love, whether it is family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, etc. Your home is your refuge. (Your mom thinks your refuge’s bathroom needs a scrubbing, by the way.)
- Keep learning. Whatever you’re interested in or curious about, continue to seek out information and just don’t let your brain go idle. (My mom, I’m proud to say, got her B.S. in Nursing when she turned 60.)
- Laugh often, long, loud and hard. Laugh until you gasp for breath. It burns calories, lowers your blood pressure and relieves stress! (In our family we use this Italian expression- -”Vive Bene, Spesso L’Amore, Di Risata Molto” or- – “Live Well, Love Much, Laugh Often”. (My Mom who was Irish would say–”Huh?”)
- Tears happen. Grieve, endure, and move on. The only person who is with you your entire life is yourself. (What I wouldn’t give to be able to call my mom and hear our familiar exchange again- -”Hi Mom!” I’d say and she would respond in an Irish brogue with- -”The hell you say!!”)
Happy New Year!