One of Your Favorite Dancers is Leaving Dancing With The Stars
Monday, September 23, the 15th season of Dancing with the Stars kicks off. But, it may be the last season for one of the show's most popular professional dancers.
Maksim Chmerkovskiy joined the show in it's 2nd season and when his contract expires at the end of 2013, he says he'll leave the show.
He recently told the New York Post that he and many of his fellow pros are becoming frustrated working in the shadows of their celebrity partners.
Maks says he wants to pursue an acting career and a possible reality show with his brother and fellow dancer, Val.
Maks has appeared on the Ukrainian version of The Bachelor and currently hosts a Ukrainian game show called The Cube.
The two-night premiere of DWTS premieres Monday, September 23 at 7pm on ABC.
Here's the new cast:
- Kirstie Alley / Maksim Chmerkovskiy
- Pamela Anderson / Tristan MacManus
- Sabrian Bryan / Louis van Amstel
- Helio Castroneves / Chelsie Hightower
- Joey Fatone / Kym Johnson
- Shawn Johnson / Derek Hough
- Drew Lachey / Anna Trebunskaya
- Gilles Marini / Peta Murgatroyd
- Kelly Monaco / Val Chmerkovskiy
- Apolo Anton Ono / Karina Smirnoff
- Bristol Palin / Mark Ballas
- Melissa Rycroft / Tony Dovolani
- Emmitt Smith / Cheryl Burke