Patty’s Ponderings: Black Friday Tips That Could Save Your Life
- Do your homework—Keep track of the latest sales at your favorite stores or on their websites. Checkout theSwizzle.com . It is a deal-finding service and email organizer that could be helpful. Blackfridayads.com is a website that has most of the Black Friday sales that are out there.
- If you are using coupons, make sure you have them and read the fine print so you know what to expect.
- Make a list — and stick to it. If you’re buying items that are not advertised, they could cost you more than usual. Their prices are jacked up so you get that great deal on a big screen or laptop!
- Forget Cyber Monday. If you’re shopping online just one day in November- – make it Thanksgiving Day. Most retailers’ Black Friday ads go live on Turkey Day!
- Have a shopping buddy. You can cover more ground with two of you, get done more quickly and have someone to keep you entertained while standing in line.
- Eat a good breakfast, stay hydrated, and have some aspirin or Tylenol in your purse. You’re on a mission after all!
- Keep your expectations realistic.
- Try to find some inner peace. I call it, “going Zen”
- Last, but not least—Forget the whole thing! Stay home, nap, watch videos, anything but shop. You’ll thank me for this.