Products That Are Cheaper After Christmas
If you think you found the best deals on Black Friday, you may be wrong. Kiplinger has put together a list of the 12 things you should buy AFTER the holidays.
- Big-screen TVs – Buy in late January right before the Super Bowl.
- Furniture – New models are usually released in February and August, so stores give the best deals in January and July.
- Skis – You get a much better deal in March and April, at the end of the ski season.
- Bicycles – September is the best time to buy a bike. Buy an older model for less.
- Cars – Dealers negotiate more because they get manufacturer incentives based on the calendar year, so it’s their last chance to cash in.
- Caribbean cruises – The off-peak months give you the cheapest rates, and spring is better than fall.
- Luggage – The biggest markdowns happen in March after the holiday travel season.
- Jewelry – The best time to buy is right after Valentine’s Day.
- Linens – The big white sales come in January. It’s a tradition that goes back to the 19th Century.
- Perfume – Wait until late February after Valentine’s Day.
- Suits – Buy these in January when the fall and winter collections go on sale to make room for the spring collections.
- Broadway tickets – January and February are the best times to see a show. You might even be able to score two-for-one deals.