Pucker Up: Kissing Facts For Both Men and Women
As lovers all over the world anxiously await the arrival of Valentine's Day, Glamour.com has put together a few kiss and tell stats regarding the subject of "kissing" for both men and women.
Pucker up and check out these fascinating kissing facts:
- Did you know that one third of us, 33% as a matter of fact, kiss with our eyes open. Always considered to be a kissing faux pas it appears sneaking a smooch with a stare is going on more often than we thought. Next time you lock lips with your significant other, you might want to check to see if you're getting a complementary gaze with that.
- You can kiss for exercise. Kissing for one minute burns 26 calories. Hey, it beats the stair stepper right?
- Men who think they’re good-looking have a tendency to kiss more. Maybe that’s why so many ladies fall for cocky jerks?
- Ladies, no need to worry if you wear lipstick, 67% of men say they don't mind if a woman wears lipstick when kissing. Just be careful not to cake it on.
- Conversely, guys, you've got almost a 50-50 shot when it comes to your five o'clock shadow. Smooth-skinned men have a slight edge with the ladies. 53% of women prefer to smooch a clean-shaven man.
- There's a good reason why woman are always asking men if they want to go "neck." The majority of ladies, 96% love to be kissed on the neck. Guys, next time you really want to turn your lady on, plant a few pecks on her neck. It's a woman's favorite spot to be kissed, other than the mouth.
- Ladies be advised, you should know the neck is not so high on the list, when it comes to where a guy wants to be kissed. Only 10% of men like to be kissed on the neck. Glamour didn't offer any stats on a man's favorite spot to be kissed. You'll have to use your imagination for that!