The World’s Richest Sports Team Is Worth $3.3 Billion, But You Probably Can’t Name It
Show us the money.
Forbes has come out with a list of the 50 most valuable sports teams in the world and it’s fronted by a squad that doesn’t play on US soil in a sport that Americans have only recently started to embrace.
European soccer behemoth Real Madrid leads the list with a value of $3.3 billion. You have to stay on that side of the pond in the same sport for numbers two and three, as well – Manchester United, worth a robust $3.16 billion, and Barcelona, checking in at a cool $2.6 billion.
The number one American team to make the list is the New York Yankees, worth $2.3 billion.
10 Most Valuable Sports Teams
1. Real Madrid - $3.3 billion
2. Manchester United - $3.16 billion
3. Barcelona - $2.6 billion
4. New York Yankees - $2.3 billion
5. Dallas Cowboys - $2.1 billion
6. New England Patriots - $1.635 billion
7. Los Angeles Dodgers - $1.615 billion
8. Washington Redskins - $1.6 billion
9. New York Giants - $1.468 billion
10. Arsenal - $1.326 billion
The top NBA franchise to make the list is the New York Knicks at number 23, with a value of $1.1 billion, while the NHL’s richest team is the Toronto Maple Leafs, with $1 billion, good for number 31.