The High Maintenance Man, is He Worse Than a Bratty Child?
So are you dating or married to a demanding guy?
One in five women claims they are according to a new survey from Quidco.com.
The rise of the metrosexual man is creating a wave of diva-like-dudes. The study showed many men are assuming a role that was traditionally thought to be labeled as feminine.
Does any of this sound familiar, he throws a tantrum if he doesn't get his way? He expects you to reply to his texts immediately? He needs to hear you say "I love you" multiple times throughout the day? He takes a longer time in the bathroom than you do?
If you answered yes to any of those, you're with a high maintenance guy!
Three quarters of women admitted to worrying about the amount of time they have to invest making their high maintenance man happy.
It's not just time, its money too. A surprising number of women with a high maintenance guy reported racking up over $2,000 in debt trying to keep their man smiling.
Here are the (10) traits of the High Maintenance Man:
- He throws a tantrum if he doesn't get his way.
- He expects a response to his text messages immediately.
- He needs to hear "I love you" several times each day.
- He is always late.
- He spends more time in the bathroom than you do.
- He spends A LOT of time on his looks and appearance.
- He won't wear anything that isn't designer.
- He refuses to go camping.
- He refuses to use public transportation.
- He'll only eats at nice restaurants.
If at least (6) of those qualifications apply to your guy, you better keep your therapist on speed dial, it might be time for a man-tervention.