The Perfect Hard-Boiled Egg!
Okay, okay, so the perfect hard-boiled egg may not be important to everyone, but as a person who loves to cook and has mastered many very complicated cuisines, it is the one thing that always eludes me!!! They either come out rubbery, with that weird, alien-looking green ring, or they're impossible to peel without the aid of a jackhammer! So here, (according to numerous sources) is the way to make a perfect hard-boiled egg every time.
- Place as many eggs as can fit in one layer on the bottom of an empty pot
- Add cold water until the eggs are covered with about an inch of it
- Turn stove on medium heat & let water come to a boil
- When there's a good rolling boil, set your timer for 1 minute & let eggs cook
- When timer goes off, turn off the heat
- Move pot to a cold burner & set timer for 15 minutes. The eggs will continue to cook
- When the timer beeps, run the eggs under cold water for a minute or so before attempting to peel them. You should have the perfectly cooked hard-boiled eggs!
Let me know how it goes.