The Wrap: This Week in Review
Here's a few of the stories that had people talking this week:
- According to U.S. Census data, South Dakota is the 10th fastest growing state in the country. Since 2011, we saw an increase of 1.19% while North Dakota had the highest increase in population at over 2%.
- This will be a busy weekend for travelers and depending on where you are headed, there may be delays at major airports. Snow and blizzard conditions are forecast for the Great Lakes states to the Central Appalachians through the weekend.
- A few courtesy visits were paid to certain homeowners this week who failed to shovel their sidewalks after our recent snowfall. The message was clear: 48 hours after the last measurable snowfall; the city begins taking complaints. Then, after 78 hours, they'll find someone else to do the job for you...and it's not cheap. Snow removal could start at $65.00.
- A Delta commercial airliner made an emergency landing in Sioux Falls Thursday after a sensor went off indicating smoke in the cargo area. The plane was on it's way to Tuscon, Arizona from Minneapolis, Minnesota. The passengers waited in the terminal while the plane was inspected. The plane was then cleared for takeoff again shortly after the incident.
- Heroes of the Week: Brandon Elementary students raised over $7,500 for the Brandon Food Pantry. The kids did a wonderful job getting the word out in the community. Mrs. Beesley's second graders were the top fundraisers for the project.
- Cold temperatures will be with us through the weekend and into Christmas. Keep up to date with changing weather conditions and keep an eye on our radar, too. Safe traveling and Merry Christmas!
- Finally, this week's viral video...and it's a good one. Enjoy!
Share the wrap with friends and family and keep them informed very week. It's always free and won't end up in the snowblower on the end of the driveway. Merry Christmas!