Tips From the 1950′s on How To Be a Better Wife [VIDEO]
Oh how the times have changed!
Back in the day, men used to write instruction manuals for women about how to satisfy their husbands and have a great marriage.
Needless to say these helpful guides from back in the 1950′s are now considered an absolute joke by today’s standards and more comedic than anything else. Unless of course you’re June Cleaver, then it’s gospel.
But, if you want to have a Swat Team called to your home later tonight guys, try suggesting to your wife that she should start following these (6) happy marriage rules immediately:
- Don’t Talk. A woman should be quiet and not mention her own thoughts. Because that can be constituted as “nagging.” Instead, be a good listener. And if you must talk, stroke your man’s ego.
- Be a Good Cook. Otherwise your man will hit up the “saloons.” A woman should be more then, quote, “a mere can opener.” So give your man the best meal possible and put out the fancy tablecloth. Otherwise he’ll stop coming home for dinner.
- Don’t Crave Sex. If you do, you’re a, quote, “sexual vampire” who feasts on your husband’s life force. If you don’t want sex, that’s fine…but you still have to have it. Because HE wants it.
- Wear Pink Panties. Make sure they’re lacy with ruffles, and, quote “spotlessly clean.”
- Let Him Cheat. And apply rule number one, don’t talk about it. In fact, don’t even let him know you know, because that’s nagging.
And finally, the most important rule..Remember Who’s Boss!
Just a bit of advice guys, if you try implementing a few of those “how to be a better wife” tips from the 50’s anytime soon with your wife, I hope you’re wearing a Kevlar vest. Because I have a feeling you’ll be looking down the barrel of a Glock at a wife with an itchy trigger finger!
Here are a few more funny tips from the 1950′s on how women need to know their limits courtesy of the BBC. Enjoy!