R.E.D. Remember Everyone Deployed
“Wearing red shirts on Fridays sends a strong and unified message to our service members and families that they are not forgotten and we appreciate their sacrifice to our country,” said Maj. Gen. Tim Reisch, adjutant general of the SDNG. “Wearing a red shirt is a simple gesture, but the meaning behind it is significant.”
I am just as guilty as anyone who goes about their daily lives forgetting that there are always men and women sacrificing somewhere on our behalf.
Wearing red is just one of many ways to remember the men and women who are deployed.
RAPID CITY, S.D. – South Dakota employers, schools and residents are encouraged to show their support for all service members deployed overseas by participating in R.E.D. (Remember Everyone Deployed) Shirt Friday event on March 15.
The South Dakota National Guard, Ellsworth Air Force Base and the S.D. Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve invite the public to participate by wearing a red shirt on all Fridays while South Dakota citizens are deployed to remember and honor all members of the military for their service to the state and nation.
The March 15 R.E.D. event will highlight Soldiers with the South Dakota Army National Guard’s Detachment 1, Company B, 935th Aviation Support Battalion currently deployed in the Middle East. Throughout the past several years, the SDNG has been highlighting deployed units and individual members during R.E.D Friday events.
South Dakota employers, schools and citizens are encouraged to provide additional support by:
• Sign a Statement of Support through the ESGR to show your support (for more information about this please contact the SD ESGR Program Office at 605-737-6540)
• Send cards/letters to the unit or someone in the unit
• Create a banner or video from your organization to send to the unit
• Check in with the family of a deployed service member
• Provide a meal for a family of a deployed service member
• Use the hashtag #RememberEveryoneDeployed when posting your pictures to social media sites
• Send a picture of your company/school to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will share your picture through our social media sites
• Support the S.D. Veteran’s Home in Hot Springs or a veteran service organization in your community
Currently, there are about 160 South Dakota Air and Army National Guard members and about 200 Airmen from Ellsworth Air Force Base deployed to various location around the globe.
To read the entire post click here.