Sioux Falls Outdoor Ice Rinks Ready to Open for Season
You can say what you want about winter weather, but there's no denying that the chilly conditions provide us with some outdoor opportunities that we don't have the rest of the year.
If stapping on a pair of ice skates is your thing then you're getting an early Christmas present as the Sioux Falls Parks and Recreation has set tomorrow (December 20) as opening day for the city's six outdoor ice rinks and two hockey rinks.
- Campus Park - 26th Street and Summit Avenue
- Frank Olson Park - 16th Street and Grandview Avenue
- McKennan Park - 21st Street and Third Avenue
- Memorial Park - 26th Street and Sertoma Avenue
- Sherman Park - 15th Street and Kiwanis Avenue
- Tuthill Park - South Cliff Avenue, southeast of I-229
For the first couple weeks of the season the rinks will operate on special holiday hours (weather permitting):
- December 20 - 4:00 – 8:00 PM
- December 21–22 - 1:00 – 8:00 PM
- December 23 - 1:00 – 8:00 PM
- December 24 - 12:00 – 3:00 PM
- December 25 - CLOSED
- December 26–30 - 1:00 – 8:00 PM
- December 31 - 1:00 – 5:00 PM
- January 1 - 1:00 – 5:00 PM
- January 2–3 - 4:00 – 8:00 PM
- January 4–5 - 1:00 – 8:00 PM
Beginning January 6, regular hours will be Monday through Friday, 4:00 to 8:00 PM; Saturday and Sunday, 1:00 to 8:00 PM.
Ice skate rentals and concessions are available at all rinks.
There are also a handful of special events planned for the upcoming season:
- Thursday, January 16 - 6:30 – 8:00 PM: Intro to Ice Skating - Campus Park - FREE
- Thursday, January 23 - 6:30 - 8:00 PM: Milk Jug Bowling - Memorial Park - FREE
- Tuesday, January 28 - 6:30 - 8:00 PM: Milk Jug Bowling - Sherman Park - FREE
- Tuesday, February 4 - 4:00 - 8:00 PM: Date Night Sakte Night - All Rinks - BUY ONE, GET ONE SKATE RENTALS
- Sunday, February 9 - 1:00 - 3:00 PM: Super Hero Skate Party - Sherman Park - FREE
- Thursday, February 11 - 4:00 - 8:00 PM: Date Night Sakte Night - All Rinks - BUY ONE, GET ONE SKATE RENTALS